Frequestly Asked Questions

Portrait Of Female Teenage Student On College With Friends

Who Can Refer?

Evolve Housing for Youth (EHY) is able to take referrals from anyone between 16 – 24 years of age who is on a low income and is homeless or at risk of homelessness. Other services may refer or self-referral is also accepted.

We are not able to accept anyone who needs 24-hour support/supervision, crisis accommodation or high levels of supervision/support although you may be able to access our partner program through Parramatta Mission for some of these services.

How Much Does It Cost?

The Community Housing Provider will charge you a rebated rent and will work out with you if you are entitled to Commonwealth Rental Assistance.  You will be required to pay two weeks’ rent in advance, along with utility fees and this will be discussed with you when you are allocated to a property.

A bond of up to four weeks’ rent is also payable and this will also be discussed with you when you are allocated a property. Bond is only payable once on moving in and is returned to you on leaving if you do not owe us any money. So, it’s a good idea to keep up-to-date with rent and follow the lease agreement to get this money back when exiting EHY.

Tenants are required to pay for their own electricity and other utilities or pay a utility fees depending on the program. Common areas in shared houses are furnished, but bedroom and individual furnishings need to be provided by the tenant. EHY will support the client to source their own furnishings, which they can then take with them when they exit to long term and/or private accommodation. Tenants must pay for their own food and other personal needs.

What Support Will I Receive?

Youth Housing Workers can provide you with:

  • Individual casework and case coordination
  • Tenancy support
  • Client support and advice services
  • Referral services
  • Integrated support with partners and/or agencies
  • Information and resources
  • Living skills programs for individuals and groups
  • Advocacy and assistance
  • Brokerage/loan financial support
  • Referral and intake
  • Exit housing options

Do I Need To Have My Own Furniture?

Shared house common areas have all the basic furniture for the house including lounges, tables, kitchenware, washing machine, fridge, etc. Clients need to provide their own bedroom and individual furnishings which EHY are happy to assist you with and have access to a range of services if you do not already have these items. You can take those with you when you leave.

We also have single family Houses, furnishings are not provided. EHY are happy to assist you with and have access to a range of services if you do not already have these items.

Where Will I Be Living If I Am Accepted As A Tenant?

EHY provides housing services for young people in the City of Parramatta and Cumberland local government areas.


Enquire Now

Fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.